Friday, September 10, 2010

Express Yourself!



I've always been a true believer of "freedom of expression". To never be someone you're not, and to always stay true to what you believe. Growing up I remember always getting in trouble for my "smart" mouth. Now when I say things its not in a sarcastic way, meaning if I said it, then I mean it, literally.

In a world where facades and fakeness sometimes bring large followings, I tend to be one who expresses her thoughts freely without worrying what anyone thinks.

I have to thank my mother for introducing me to music, dance, and other forms of self expression, that way I'm not walking around offending people with my "smart" mouth. And even though I almost gave my mom heart attacks with sprained body parts from playing sports, crazy piercings, and explicit lyrics, I credit her for allowing me to see different realms of art, people, and life.

I want my children to know that art goes hand and hand with faith, joy, and hope. Art has the power to heal a broken soul, lift a spirit, and ease the mind. In a world full of chaos, take time and enjoy that song that always gives you goosebumps when you hear it. If you enjoy dancing, even if you have two left feet, I guarantee it will relieve a bit of stress. Or simply take an hour or two to read a good book. You'll never forget how these things make you feel, and I'm sure you'll want to share it with someone!